This week, the Dwelling Judiciary Committee launched its last report on tech antitrust, concluding that Amazon, Apple, Google, and Fb are exerting monopoly energy and that legislative motion should really be taken in opposition to them.
On The Vergecast, co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn converse to The Verge’s Russell Brandom and Adi Robertson about what the congressional report lays out as antitrust violations for just about every enterprise and how the proposed answers to these violations can reshape our electronic globe.
In the second fifty percent of the present, the crew pivots to gadget chat after the announcement of Apple’s Iphone celebration on Oct 13th. Verge deputy editor Dan Seifert stops by to examine what updates we may well see with the following iteration of iPhones and what other surprises they may announce at the function following week.
You can hear to the full Vergecast discussion right here or in your desired podcast player.
Stories from this episode:
- International Television set shipments hit document high very last quarter, report says
- America’s world wide web wasn’t prepared for on line school
- I regularly fail to remember that I have New York’s COVID-19 exposure notification app
- Congress releases blockbuster tech antitrust report
- What Google, Apple, Amazon, and Fb have at stake in the antitrust fight
- Apple designed ProtonMail add in-app buys, even while it had been cost-free for years
- Apple quietly stops promoting Bose, Sonos and some Logitech equipment — only Apple audio continues to be
- The Supreme Court docket is having on Google and Oracle just one past time
- Oracle and Google’s Supreme Courtroom showdown was a struggle of metaphors
- Apple’s next Iphone will be declared on Oct 13th
- Apple Observe SE critique: shell out a good deal much less to give up only a little
- Why Apple wanted the Food and drug administration to indication off on its EKG but not its blood oxygen check
- The Apple Look at heart observe sends much too lots of folks to the medical professional
- YouTube 4K has appear to Apple Tv set, but we’re waiting on HDR, 60fps, and Apple iphone/iPad playback
- Disney motion pictures are now accessible in 4K on Apple’s iTunes shop
- Apple sues recycling spouse for reselling extra than 100,000 iPhones, iPads, and Watches it was employed to dismantle
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE evaluation: the correct selling price for the appropriate stuff
- Samsung Galaxy Observe 20 critique: stylus tax
- Google Nest Audio critique: the sweet spot
- Google Fi now straight sells Samsung phones and adds a new 5G map
- G Suite is now Google Workspace in a bid to merge Gmail, Chat, and Docs
- Gmail has a new logo that’s a lot far more Google
- Much more early Primary Day 2020 specials have kicked off on Amazon
- Fulfill Ricky Desktop, the most viral beatmaker on TikTok
- SPACs, described